Refined and Fly

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Peace to All! Pardon self for my absence. I have been busy running a summer camp with 40-50 children and it is no joke! Very time consuming and requires a lot of mental, emotional and physical energy. But have you ever met a 5 Percenter where teaching and positively impacting the lives of children was not hard work? I beg your pardon, I've never heard of one. To carry the weight of being responsible for the growth and development of young people is serious business and it takes intestinal fortitude (guts), consistency, love, and the ability to administer justice. I take it extra seriously due to me carrying the name of Earth, and there are good days and days where I would have liked things to be different. It requires thinking on your feet, staying level headed, and not beng emotionally sucked into any situation. Not meaning that you can't feel things when something goes awry, but I cannot remain in that space. I do what I must do, and unload when I get home. Equality is knowing that it's not always about me and putting the needs of others before mine.

Sometimes you have to share and give when you don't think you have anything left. But there are times when you don't have a choice but to push yourself beyond your own self-imposed threshold because a situation is challenging you to do so and there is struggle and beauty in that. Struggle, because it takes you out of a space of comfortability, and change is not always easy to embrace, and beauty, because once you get through the situation, you can see what you are made of and can continue to push yourself further to advance and grow in ways you may not have thought possible. There are days when I want to walk out the door, but I don't because there are people depending on my equality to create balance and order in the cipher. So I give props to anyone who is consistently struggling to build a world or create an environment that people can learn and grow from, cuz 1) Consistency and committment to a cause or purpose is becoming a rare thing in the wilderness of North America (why stick to one thing when there are so many other things to try?) and 2) You may not hear it in your own cipher, as those who work hard are often not appreciated

Peace and Balance

I Medina

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home